War and Peace, not the book - Day 274 Month 9-30 Week 38-1
1 Chronicles 7, Song of Solomon 1:8-17, Daniel 9:20-10:9, 1 Thessalonians 2
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Chronicles%207%2C%20Song%20of%20Solomon%201%3A8-17%2C%20Daniel%209%3A20-10%3A9%2C%201%20Thessalonians%202&version=NASB1995
War and Peace, not the book
This morning as I pondered what can be learned from today’s reading, I recognized how we can look at the world through the lens of beauty even in tough times.
In Song of Solomon we see the intimate conversation between the bride and groom full of passion, longing and excitement all at the same time. It’s the words of two lovers.
Then we read in Daniel about the future, and the line that sticks out to me is “even to the end there will be war” (Daniel 9:26 NASB1995). Whatever the exact interpretation of this passage, we certainly know that war is part of the world we live in. Jesus also warned that there would be wars and rumours of wars. All we have to do is look at the world today and see that wars continue to happen.
Here we have two lovers and we have continuous war. We have intimate love and we have death. Yet somehow, in the middle of all of that, there is still beauty.
I posted about a couple of weeks ago that day that we went waterfalling. We have so many tasks remaining to finish all of the renovations on our home yet we took time off to look at waterfalls. To us, we know the renovations will always be with us. We may be close to the end of the really big renos but there will always be renovations. It’s important to take the time to enjoy life with each other when we can because we do not know when our final hour will come.
Even when times are difficult, it’s important to enjoy life. To enjoy life together. To enjoy each other’s company and for lovers to enjoy those intimate times. There will always be difficult things happening around us, but we can walk through this life together.
My prayer for today is for peace. I recognize peace will not come until Jesus returns but I can bring some peace to everyone I encounter. I can be a peacemaker! How do I do that? I thought you’d never ask.
Love your neighbour as yourself!
Have a great day!
Steve
You can subscribe to this blog and receive an email each day or week. Just visit the following link. https://follow.it/my-faith-view-from-here-daily-readings-and-thoughts?leanpub
Comments
Post a Comment