Stress Gone - Day 270 Month 9-26 Week 37-4
Today's Reading (Bible in 1 year)
2 Chronicles 2:9-55, Ecclesiastes 10, Daniel 7:1-14, Colossians 2
(Please note: They’ve changed Bible Gateway. Watch to ensure you read the complete reading. They don’t spell out the full reading without pressing the link that says “read full chapter.”)
Stress Gone
I write this blog several days ahead so that I ensure a blog post is ready by 8 AM every day. Yesterday for me was Thursday, and Thursday was a very busy day for both Sylvia and myself.
I was asked to work yesterday, so I did. Thursday is normally our date day, but with renos and ongoing life expenses, a few extra dollars are always beneficial. I worked 8 AM to 3:30 PM. At 3:30 PM, I quickly went home to get Sylvia and then we went to pick up the dog from daycare, knowing that we had to be back at our church “growth group” for a 5:30 PM potluck dinner.
Sylvia’s day was busier. She took Jake to daycare, our normal doggie daycare day, and went to pick something up for a friend and make a quick stop at a farm market to buy beets for her annual beet pickling. She was also supposed to pick up some paintings she had on display and deliver some new ones. She arranged for a friend to do that portion of her tasks. The friend ended up being sick, so it added a bunch of complications.
When I got home at 3:30 PM, Sylvia was sitting on the couch and her face showed her day! We eventually got to our potluck dinner 25 minutes late, but we made it! It was the best potluck I’ve experienced for a very long time. That was nice.
There was an event that really affected our day though. As we were driving back home after picking up Jake from daycare, we came upon a line of cars that was following a truck that was travelling between 10 and 20 KPH below the speed limit. With the busyness of the day and the deadline of 5:30 for the potluck, I started passing cars one by one.
We came up behind a white Honda Civic with a large space in front and started to pass. As we were passing, the driver sped up aggressively and forced me to accelerate because I was at a point of danger and did not have the time to slow down to pull in behind. It forced me to make a risky move pulling in front of the Honda Civic to avoid a collision.
Needless to say, the experience unnerved Sylvia and me, and Jake responded to our anxiety by showing his anxiety in response.
This morning it was still on Sylvia’s mind, and she read up on the laws, which of course stated the act of the Honda Civic drivers action of “acceleration when being overtaken” was against the law. It was a comfort to realize that we were not wrong in wanting to pass.
The anxiety that we experienced came back again this morning when Sylvia was reading what the law states. I was starting my reading at the same time and came to Daniel 7:13 and 14. It was Daniel’s vision of Jesus returning to rule His kingdom.
“I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
“And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.”
I was reminded that I was part of this kingdom, a dominion that is everlasting and will not be destroyed. The vision of Jesus taking His place in God’s kingdom suddenly reminded me that the cares of yesterday are temporary. Suddenly, the cares of yesterday are gone and I know what I’m looking forward to.
Thank you God!
Have a great day!
Steve
You can subscribe to this blog and receive an email each day or week. Just visit the following link. https://follow.it/my-faith-view-from-here-daily-readings-and-thoughts?leanpub
Comments
Post a Comment