It's a Good Plan and I Don't Like It - Day 247 Month 9-3 Week 34-2
Today's Reading (Bible in 1 year)
1 Kings 22:13-53, Proverbs 27:1-14, Ezekiel 41, 2 Corinthians 10
It’s a Good Plan and I Don’t Like It
God is not a God of confusion. In fact, He has a plan. His plan works together for good.
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28). This verse is often misread because it sounds like the plan is for the benefit of the person, but in fact, it’s good according to His purpose. In other words, God’s plan is a good plan, but God’s idea of good may be very different from ours.
I’ve mentioned our dog is sickly. He gets to visit the vet several times each month and every time, I cringe, knowing there is another vet bill coming. When I took him for his walk this morning I noticed something was wrong so we’ll need to be making another appointment for him.
Jake's vet bills are just one contributing factor to debt that we have accumulated. Every car repair bill and renovation we do contributes to that debt. However, I need to remember that I believe God has called us to this area at this time. I don't know how He will use our current frustrations, but I trust that He can use them for His purposes.
King Ahab does not want to get advice from the prophet Micaiah because in the words of the King, “Did I not tell you that he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil” (1 Kings 22:18)? Elijah had already foretold Ahab’s death, and now Micaiah prophesied that Ahab would be defeated in battle while Ahab’s other prophets were predicting success. Ahab went into battle anyway, and just as Elijah had foretold, Ahab was killed.
Our confusion over debt that is accumulated for things that are needed somehow fits into the plan God has at this time where we are involved. However, the difficulties we go through in life may be difficult and seem like they are not good but when considered according to His purposes, they may be good.
God could allow Sylvia and me to lose everything and still accomplish His purposes through us. That doesn't mean losing everything would be good in the way I normally define good. But if God is using even our difficulties to shape us, draw us closer to Him and accomplish His purposes, then ultimately I am part of something much bigger than my circumstances. I am part of His kingdom, and that kingdom doesn't end with physical death. Sounds like “good” to me. You betcha!
Have a great day!
Steve
You can subscribe to this blog and receive an email each day or week. Just visit the following link. https://follow.it/my-faith-view-from-here-daily-readings-and-thoughts?leanpub
Comments
Post a Comment