Look for Jesus - Day 220 Month 8-7 Week 23-3
Today's Reading (Bible in 1 year)
2 Samuel 18:19-19:7, Proverbs 16:12-21, Ezekiel 21:18-32, Romans 16
Look for Jesus
We have finished Romans. I found the letter very deep and complex. However, I have learned some truths that I had not realized in the past.
I have also taken up another challenge. I was talking to a pastor friend of mine and asked if he had ever preached on the book of Romans. He said no, but he would in the next couple of years, and then said, “I will be especially interested in your take on chapters 9 to 11.”
So challenge taken!
In the next little while, along with my regular reading and blog writing, I’ll be walking through Romans 9, 10 and 11. If you are one of those “keeners” who really want to do some deep thinking, why not let me know and I’ll send you what I’ve learned? It may take a few weeks, but I’ll share it with you. Just email me or comment with your name on the blog.
I may have mentioned this in times past, but we are fortunate to have the recorded words of the New Testament of the Bible. When Paul was writing all the letters he wrote, he only had what we now refer to as the Old Testament Scriptures, along with the teaching and testimony about Jesus that had been passed on to him and the early church.
As Paul is closing his letter, he states, “Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now is manifested, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever” (Romans 16:25 to 27).
It is great to realize that the truth about Jesus is throughout the pages of Scripture, and particularly in the prophets.
I was talking to my brother Dan, the theologian (He actually has the letters BTh after his name). We were discussing both of our readings this year, and he was telling me that he’s starting to read through all the Old Testament books and looking to see where Jesus is in every book.
It sounds like a great idea.
Now, I’m not quite as deep a thinker as he is, and I know that I can just read the “Jesus Centered Bible.” The Jesus Centered Bible has Jesus’ words in the New Testament in red, but it also has Old Testament references that refer to Jesus in blue.
If you are one of the sceptics who questions the validity of Jesus, you may think He’s a great teacher or you may think He sets a good moral example, but you don’t think He’s God. Why not switch your mindset from simply being sceptical to being curious about Jesus?
I think you will find that if you are genuinely open to Him, you may discover something about Jesus that you did not expect.
I took a challenge today. Why don’t you take a challenge to be open to Jesus?
I am confident of what you will find.
Have a great day!
Steve
You can subscribe to this blog and receive an email each day or week. Just visit the following link. https://follow.it/my-faith-view-from-here-daily-readings-and-thoughts?leanpub
Comments
Post a Comment